|Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro being the First Public Sector Medical University of Pakistan, is fully aware of its leadership role in medical education, patient care and medical research. It is also aware of its responsibilities towards the society with particular reference to the production of various cadres of health professionals, both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, who are competent, efficient, caring and are capable of pursuing scholastic and research activities. Accordingly, it envisages a comprehensive and rather an ambitious mission statement, which includes:
These goals do require lot of hard work, commitment and dedication, which has been amply exhibited by the faculty of this institution. I am confident that with the support of our faculty, students, society at large and the government we will be able to achieve these goals in near future.
- To become a world leader in research and teaching.
- To increase significantly the range of human knowledge and understanding by creating knowledge through research of international excellence.
- To equip graduates so as to make an important contribution to the patient care and fighting disease across boundaries.
- To serve the region and the country professionally, academically, culturally and economically.
- To strengthen and diversify activities on the health delivery system, professional collaboration and entrepreneurialism.
- To continue to make professional education available to all those able to benefit from it, regardless of economic or social status.
Prof. Dr. Noshad A. Shaikh
Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro